Saturday, August 25, 2012

Ole Miss campus ~10 mi/ 9:51 pace

So this weekend I travelled to Oxford, MS, to visit family. Was really excited about this run that we had planned. And woke up Saturday morning to...RAIN!! But...defintely not a show stopper!!

My sister-in-law ran the first 5 miles with me while my father-in-law biked with us. Really enjoyed this part of the run. Did a lot of puddle jumping...ended up with squishy shoes after about mile 2. Ran Fraternity Row, Sorority Row, Rowan Oak...Splits were 9:40, 9:13, 9:32, 9:29, 9:53. This was a much faster pace than I usually start long distance off with, but it felt great! Then back to the truck to get my sister-in-law's bike and to put my trail running shoes on for the second half.

Second half I ran solo with the two bikers. This was more fun than I expected. Ran by part of the campus again and then to Whirlpool Trails. I have run a few trails recently, but never in the mud. It made it more...interesting. We stopped and watched a doe standing in the middle of the trail on the way in. Splits were 9:55, 10:14, 10:31, 10:11, 10:01. Overall average of 9:51 on 10 miles. Not bad at all! Extremely pleased with that.

So this was THE BEST long distance run I have done (not counting races). So thankful I had my support system that stuck with me in the pouring rain and mud. We talked, laughed and cut up the entire time. It poured rain almost the entire run. Not just a mist, but a good hard rain. Made it more fun and definitely more memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment