Thursday, October 11, 2012

Oak Mtn Bike Trails ~ 12.16 mi/ 01:58

Another great day of mountain biking! I had planned to run, but just felt like this was what I needed today. Wanted to end on a good note before my 20 miler on Sunday. This was definitely the way to go!! There is just something about mountain biking that is good for the soul.

Glad the vampires weren't out today because I left some DNA out on the trail. :) Crashed and burned one good time. Not really sure how it happened. Apparently my confidence had built up a little too much around mile 10, and I went over a really rooty area with a little too much speed. It's a weird feeling to go sailing over the handlebars and hit the ground. No injuries...just a little blood today. So much fun though! Whooty-whoo!! (That one is for you KB. Hope I spelled it right!)

Not my crash site, but the only warning sign I encountered

There was a lot going on in the woods today! Saw a doe running along side of me in the woods at one point. Stopped and watched her for a bit. Had a hawk that flew out of a tree and startled me. I even met some other bikers on the trail a few times and didn't cause any crashes. I call that a successful ride!

Wishing everyone good luck on any races or runs this weekend!! See you guys after 20 on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment