Saturday, July 21, 2012

Johnson's Mtn/Jekyll & Hyde Trails - 6 mi/01:24/13:56 pace

Took my husband on his first trail run this morning, and he was SUCH a sport. He hasn't run in I don't know how long, but he was such a trooper to do what we ended up doing today. I don't think either of us realized what we had signed up for. The first 4 miles were all uphill (we gained 450 ft elevation) and it about killed us. I had not ran these trails before, so we quickly discovered we were going the WRONG direction. It wouldn't have been so bad if we had been running it downhill. It was a good run though. Clint enjoyed it and that was my goal for today...to give him a little taste of trail running. So 6 miles of strenuous running today...and feeling good to be showered and have the running shoes kicked off for now.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment