Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fourmile area...in the rain!! 18.01 mi/ 03:25/ 11:21 pace

My first 18 miler!! Woohooooo!! And every bit of it was in the pouring rain. But I have learned to love my rainy day runs. It was actually very pleasant. Running in the rain is so much nicer than running in the summertime heat.

Really happy with this new area I am running in. I did an 8-mile loop and then hooked up with Amanda C. for a 10-mile loop to finish it off. So glad she decided to join me on today's run because it helped keep my mind off the craziness.

I really could have kept running today. I was in that place where it felt so good to hit that new distance...and I didn't want to stop. Once I stopped, my legs immediately felt like I had run 18 miles. It took my breath away for a minute. Walked in the door and hopped right into an epsom salt bath. :) All is well now....and I am beaming! Love marathon training!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment