Sunday, September 16, 2012

3 + 3 = 16 miles....3 mi/ 11:20 pace

So after finishing the Talladega Half and setting a new PR I started back around the track for the other 3 miles I had to get in. Took it nice and slow. There were still half marathoners running...and a few others getting in extra miles...so I was in good company. After I finished and met up with Stephanie we headed to the Winners Circle for pictures. My legs started getting sore and throbbing while standing in line. I could tell I had run it HARD today because I am not usually sore are LD like that. And then I was a little nauseous....still not feeling 100%.

But...what a great run today! It felt amazing to run like that, knowing I could potentially bring home a sub 2:00. And when I got my official time, I felt like I had won a million bucks! New PR on a half and a new distance record of 16 miles!!! I am flying high today! Sat in an ice bath when I got home and ate brownies that the kids brought me. Life is good! Now it's time to catch up on sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment