Saturday, October 12, 2013

Montgomery Half Marathon ~ 13.21 mi/ Time 2:07:37

Was so good to go back to my first half marathon and run it for the third time. Got to run this race again with my bestie, Marla C. and ran into my friend, Brad W., who was running his first half. The morning started off nice and cool, but warmed up rather quickly. Not near the spectators that I have seen at this race in the past, but the energy from the other runners in the race was just awesome today. Saw some really good motivational signs that made me laugh out loud...great encouragement from the volunteers...and made some new friends along the course. Saw a girl who ran it with a prosthetic leg...just wow!! No excuses, People! No excuses!

I had been running behind this one girl, Monica, who slowed down around mile 10.5. So I gave her some encouragement and we stuck it out and finished together. That's what running is all about. Love the running community.
Not my best time, but happy that I was able to shave 6 mins off my Talladega time from 3 wks ago. Splits were pretty good with the exception of the hill at mile 10.5. Mile 1-4 (9:25, 9:44, 9:33, 9:18) mile 5-8 (9:28, 9:24, 9:35, 9:44) mile 9-13 (9:49, 10:12, 10:10, 9:30, 9:27.)

Great after party! Got to see a police officer who had been injured in a motorcycle wreck being helped across the finish of the 1 mile walk I take it. Don't think there was a dry eye in the stadium when he crossed and got his medal. Hung out after and shut the place down. Good times today!

Ran this one for Stephanie...

No comments:

Post a Comment